GFDD and Funglode Films presents special screening of The Mountain
Santo Domingo, October 25, 2013Tweet
On October 26th, GFDD and FUNGLODE are proud to organize a special screening of the new film The Mountain, for students whom have participated in the Educational Expeditions to Pico Duarte, a program which forms part of the DR Environmental Film Festival since 2012. The program, in collaboration with Karim Mella’s Siempre Mas Foundation, takes at risk high school students from all over the country on a 5 day educational trek to the highest peak in the Antilles, to learn how to become stewards of the environment as well as about the importance of personal strength, teamwork, comradeship and discipline, in overcoming obstacles and achieving present and future goals.
The screening will include remarks by the film’s director, Tabaré Blanchard, and an address by professional mountaineer Karim Mella.
About The Mountain
In May 2011, a Caribbean expedition made history when the Dominican flag crowned the world's highest mountain: Mount Everest. This mission inspired three young surfers, sons of fishermen in Nizao, who set out to conquer the highest mountain of the island and of the Caribbean, Pico Duarte. This is the story that unites the two missions. A naïve and epic story, built on motivation, inspiration, determination and achievement. It is an adventure that proves that from the sea to the sky, we all have a dream, a goal, a mountain to conquer.
- Third Edition of Globo Verde Dominicano Award Introducing a New Category in the Area of Photography
Santo Domingo, March 24, 2014
- GFDD’s RDescubre Program Inspires Environmental Stewardship through Education
Santo Domingo, March 18, 2014
- ReCrearte Program continues to gain strength across the country
Santo Domingo, March 5, 2014
- GFDD Short Film Wins Best Documentary at the 2014 Green Lens Environmental Film Festival
De Kalb, Illinois, February 27, 2014
- GFDD and Human Film Crew to Give Workshop on “The Art of the Interview: Techniques for Establishing Good Dialogue in the Production of a Documentary”
Santo Domingo, February 15, 2014
- Dominican Students Conquer New Heights on Mountain Hike to Pico Duarte
Santo Domingo, February 8, 2014
- GFDD’s Participates in the Princeton Environmental Film Festival with its own Dominican Eco-Short
New York, January 29, 2014
- GFDD's New Series of Eco-Courses Aid Sustainable Agricultural Development in the Dominican Republic
Santo Domingo, January 24, 2014