DREFF Participates in Constanza's Spring Fair with Environmental Film Screenings
Santo Domingo, April 26, 2013Tweet
The DR Environmental Film Festival (DREFF), an initiative of Global Foundation for Democracy and Development (GFDD) and Fundación Global Democracia y Desarrollo (FUNGLODE), has joined forces with Constanza's Ecoturism Cluster in celebrating the First Annual Spring Fair 2013.
In its first year, the Spring Fair will be held from April 26-29, 2013 at the Club Japones in Constanza, and will provide an opportunity for companies, institutions and individuals to sample local products and participate in workshops, exhibitions, conferences, and live-performances, which are aimed at promoting local sustainable tourism options that help conserve the natural resources of this world class destination.
The program will also include 5 documentary film screenings, courtesy of the DR Environmental Film Festival (DREFF), which specifically address key environmental problems faced in the area and show examples of best practices that can be applied in the areas of soil conservation, sustainable agriculture, solid waste management and economic localization.
The screenings, which are free of charge and open to the public, will take place in the main conference room of Club Japones, from April 27- April 29.
The Spring Fair is sponsored by USAID's Empowerment in Sustainable Tourism Program and implemented locally by the Dominican Tourism Competitiveness Consortium, with support from the Ministry of Tourism, Municipality of Constanza, La Vega Senators office, and its Municipal Districts.
Screening Schedule April 27-29:
April 27, 2013
11 AM- Bag it!
2 PM- In Organic We Trust
April 28, 2013
10 AM- Economics of Happiness
3 PM- Dirt!The Movie
April 29, 2013
9 AM- Vegucated
The DR Environmental Film Festival aims to raise awareness and deepen understanding of environmental issues among Dominican audiences. At the same time, DREFF celebrates the beauty and diversity of the Dominican Republic's natural heritage and offers insights intended to contribute to its appreciation, conservation and sustainable use. The III edition of the DR Environmental Film Festival will take place on September 4-8, 2013.
- Third Edition of Globo Verde Dominicano Award Introducing a New Category in the Area of Photography
Santo Domingo, March 24, 2014
- GFDD’s RDescubre Program Inspires Environmental Stewardship through Education
Santo Domingo, March 18, 2014
- ReCrearte Program continues to gain strength across the country
Santo Domingo, March 5, 2014
- GFDD Short Film Wins Best Documentary at the 2014 Green Lens Environmental Film Festival
De Kalb, Illinois, February 27, 2014
- GFDD and Human Film Crew to Give Workshop on “The Art of the Interview: Techniques for Establishing Good Dialogue in the Production of a Documentary”
Santo Domingo, February 15, 2014
- Dominican Students Conquer New Heights on Mountain Hike to Pico Duarte
Santo Domingo, February 8, 2014
- GFDD’s Participates in the Princeton Environmental Film Festival with its own Dominican Eco-Short
New York, January 29, 2014
- GFDD's New Series of Eco-Courses Aid Sustainable Agricultural Development in the Dominican Republic
Santo Domingo, January 24, 2014