GFDD and Human Film Crew to Give Workshop on “The Art of the Interview: Techniques for Establishing Good Dialogue in the Production of a Documentary”
Santo Domingo, February 15, 2014Tweet
As part to the Dominican Republic Environmental Film Festival’s (DREFF) year-round activities, GFDD and the film crew of Human are organizing a workshop on documentary interviewing techniques for filmmakers, journalists and broadcasters. The workshop will take place on Monday February 17 at 6:00 pm at the offices of FUNGLODE in Santo Domingo.
The Human documentary project will also be presented at the workshop. Human, French director and photographer Yan Arthus-Bertrand’s new film, includes interviews done in 60 countries of men and women from different social and cultural backgrounds intercut with exclusive aerial images.
Emmanuel Cappellin, assistant director and camera operator for the interview scenes in Human, and Hervé Kern, documentary director, camera operator and graduate of the Louis Lumiére Film School in Paris, will oversee the film screening and workshop.
As part of GFDD’s mission to implement initiatives that contribute to the social, economic and cultural development of the Dominican Republic as well as its deep commitment to the environment and sustainable development, the GFDD is collaborating with its sister organization FUNGLODE, host of the Human screening, in the management and coordination of the filming process of this documentary in the Dominican Republic and Haiti.
Yann Arthus-Bertrand was one of the guests of honor last September at the III Dominican Environmental Film Festival where he, in addition to giving a Master Class on photography, presented two documentary films: A Thirsty World and Planet Ocean. The renowned French director also took the opportunity to tour the island of Hispaniola and, with his team, began the first stages of filming the documentary Human in the Dominican Republic and Haiti.
- Third Edition of Globo Verde Dominicano Award Introducing a New Category in the Area of Photography
Santo Domingo, March 24, 2014
- GFDD’s RDescubre Program Inspires Environmental Stewardship through Education
Santo Domingo, March 18, 2014
- ReCrearte Program continues to gain strength across the country
Santo Domingo, March 5, 2014
- GFDD Short Film Wins Best Documentary at the 2014 Green Lens Environmental Film Festival
De Kalb, Illinois, February 27, 2014
- GFDD and Human Film Crew to Give Workshop on “The Art of the Interview: Techniques for Establishing Good Dialogue in the Production of a Documentary”
Santo Domingo, February 15, 2014
- Dominican Students Conquer New Heights on Mountain Hike to Pico Duarte
Santo Domingo, February 8, 2014
- GFDD’s Participates in the Princeton Environmental Film Festival with its own Dominican Eco-Short
New York, January 29, 2014
- GFDD's New Series of Eco-Courses Aid Sustainable Agricultural Development in the Dominican Republic
Santo Domingo, January 24, 2014