DR Environmental Short to be Showcased at Yale Film Festival
New York, April 4, 2014Tweet
Global Foundation for Democracy and Development’s (GFDD's) in-house produced short film has been selected as one of the 25 shorts and 10 feature films to screen at the Environmental Film Festival at Yale (EFFY). The Festival, which is sponsored by the School of Forestry and Environmental Studies at the University, showcases incisive, cutting edge feature films and shorts that raise awareness of current environmental and social issues. Films are coupled with expert panel discussions and other interactive non-film events.
The annual Festival which has quickly become the premier student-run festival for environmental films will showcase GFDD's 17 minute film "Garbage or Resource? A Dominican Republic Experience" (¿Basura o recurso? Experiencia de la República Dominicana as part of its "EFFY After Dark" Programming on Saturday, April 5 at 10 pm. (See Schedule: http://effy.yale.edu/effy/saturday-shorts/).
Yale Audiences will be able to see for themselves what is happening in the Dominican Republic with regard to recycling "garbage" and see it as a resource and raw material which can be manufactured into an invaluable new product.
Garbage or Resource has continued to make its mark since it premiered at the Dominican Republic Environment Film Festival (DREFF) in September, 2013. The screening at EFFY comes on the heels of last week's successful showing at the DC Environment Film Festival in the Nation's Capital, its selection as best Documentary at the Green Lens Environment Festival in February, and Princeton Environmental Film Festival this past January. The film, which has ignited positive reaction at two major European Environment Film Festivals in 2013, will continue on its journey to inform audiences as part of the environmental debate in 2014 and beyond.
- Third Edition of Globo Verde Dominicano Award Introducing a New Category in the Area of Photography
Santo Domingo, March 24, 2014
- GFDD’s RDescubre Program Inspires Environmental Stewardship through Education
Santo Domingo, March 18, 2014
- ReCrearte Program continues to gain strength across the country
Santo Domingo, March 5, 2014
- GFDD Short Film Wins Best Documentary at the 2014 Green Lens Environmental Film Festival
De Kalb, Illinois, February 27, 2014
- GFDD and Human Film Crew to Give Workshop on “The Art of the Interview: Techniques for Establishing Good Dialogue in the Production of a Documentary”
Santo Domingo, February 15, 2014
- Dominican Students Conquer New Heights on Mountain Hike to Pico Duarte
Santo Domingo, February 8, 2014
- GFDD’s Participates in the Princeton Environmental Film Festival with its own Dominican Eco-Short
New York, January 29, 2014
- GFDD's New Series of Eco-Courses Aid Sustainable Agricultural Development in the Dominican Republic
Santo Domingo, January 24, 2014