GFDD’s Dominican-made Short Film Spotlightling The Importance of Responsible Consumption Screened during International Recycling Festival in Europe
New York, January 22, 2014Tweet
Global Foundation for Democracy and Development’s 2013 original 17 minute short film "Garbage or Resource? A Dominican Republic Experience " (¿Basura o Recurso/Materia Prima? Experiencia de la República), which recently premiered during the III DREFF in Dominican Republic in September, and at FICMA in Spain in November, was also screened on December 14, 2013 as part of the three week long International Festival of Recycling Art of Catelonia. (View Synopsis | View Trailer).
The screening was made possible by organizing partner, Drap-Art, a non-profit founded in 1995 in Barcelona, dedicated to the promotion of creative recycling through the organization of festivals, exhibitions, markets and workshops. This year the annual event took place over three weeks from December 13, 2013 through Jan 5, 2014.
Jaime Gil, Director of Barcelona’s Environmental International Film Festival (FICMA), one of the world’s largest and most established of its kind, presented the Dominican-made environment film short on behalf of GFDD to a thoughtful audience. Attendees received the film with interest and showed their support and understanding of the problems that the film touched upon -- in particular raising public awareness about our collective responsibility for pressing environmental issues.
GFDD was happy to collaborate with Drap-Art and FICMA on this initiative to spotlight --through art and film-- the importance of recycling and responsible consumption, as well as to promote creative recycling for social, environmental and economic sustainability.
This is the third time that, GFDD has partnered with FICMA, joining in efforts to promote the Dominican and Latin film industry and reinforce the vital and expanding economic and cultural relationship between the Dominican Republic, the United States and Europe.
- Third Edition of Globo Verde Dominicano Award Introducing a New Category in the Area of Photography
Santo Domingo, March 24, 2014
- GFDD’s RDescubre Program Inspires Environmental Stewardship through Education
Santo Domingo, March 18, 2014
- ReCrearte Program continues to gain strength across the country
Santo Domingo, March 5, 2014
- GFDD Short Film Wins Best Documentary at the 2014 Green Lens Environmental Film Festival
De Kalb, Illinois, February 27, 2014
- GFDD and Human Film Crew to Give Workshop on “The Art of the Interview: Techniques for Establishing Good Dialogue in the Production of a Documentary”
Santo Domingo, February 15, 2014
- Dominican Students Conquer New Heights on Mountain Hike to Pico Duarte
Santo Domingo, February 8, 2014
- GFDD’s Participates in the Princeton Environmental Film Festival with its own Dominican Eco-Short
New York, January 29, 2014
- GFDD's New Series of Eco-Courses Aid Sustainable Agricultural Development in the Dominican Republic
Santo Domingo, January 24, 2014