GFDD and FUNGLODE Rated Among Top Fifty Environment-Minded Organizations
Santo Domingo, May 13, 2013Tweet
Global Foundation for Democracy and Development (GFDD) and its sister organization in the Dominican Republic, Fundación Global Democracia y Desarollo (FUNGLODE) are proud to be rated among the top 50 environment-minded listed organizations in the DR. The Foundations are represented by their creative initiatives, the environment publication Dominican Encyclopedic Dictionary of the Environment and the DR Environmental Film Festival (DREFF), which regularly brings national experts together with the most prominent international leaders in the environment field.
"Top Green Brands Dominican Republic", which lists a total of 50 organizations and brands that stand out for their environmental management is a study initiative of Plan Dominicana Verde, a non-governmental, non-profit, multidisciplinary organization that builds bridges among sectors committed to the conservation of the Dominican Republic’s natural heritage. Their main objective is the dissemination of information about the environment and recognition of pro-environmental actions.
Green Brands are corporations that are increasingly aware of the need to preserve natural resources. Top Green Brands Dominican Republic featured a rigorous selection, based on research and mapping, structured surveys and one on one discussions, including the participation of a group of experts on social, environmental and economic development of our country. A green check mark is a product or service that is done in harmony with the environment or that has less impact as compared to a regular product, also the consumer will always associate it with sustainable practices.
GFDD is honored for its high acknowledgment in participating to the creation of a green economy, which it generally considers as an economic environment that achieves low carbon emissions, efficient use of natural resources while socially healthy and inclusive. Moreover, the issue of the environment has been at the forefront of its mission since the very beginning. The Foundations’ work in the development of national and international networks, the discussion of pressing issues, training programs, that have brought national experts together, have recently come to fruition with the creation of projects like the DR Environmental Film Festival and the publication of the Dominican Encyclopedic Dictionary of the Environment.
- Third Edition of Globo Verde Dominicano Award Introducing a New Category in the Area of Photography
Santo Domingo, March 24, 2014
- GFDD’s RDescubre Program Inspires Environmental Stewardship through Education
Santo Domingo, March 18, 2014
- ReCrearte Program continues to gain strength across the country
Santo Domingo, March 5, 2014
- GFDD Short Film Wins Best Documentary at the 2014 Green Lens Environmental Film Festival
De Kalb, Illinois, February 27, 2014
- GFDD and Human Film Crew to Give Workshop on “The Art of the Interview: Techniques for Establishing Good Dialogue in the Production of a Documentary”
Santo Domingo, February 15, 2014
- Dominican Students Conquer New Heights on Mountain Hike to Pico Duarte
Santo Domingo, February 8, 2014
- GFDD’s Participates in the Princeton Environmental Film Festival with its own Dominican Eco-Short
New York, January 29, 2014
- GFDD's New Series of Eco-Courses Aid Sustainable Agricultural Development in the Dominican Republic
Santo Domingo, January 24, 2014