- The documentary, Valle Nuevo: Madre de las Aguas, can be shown on a big screen.
- The “Valle Nuevo es como un sueño” section, which can be shown to Dominican elementary and middle school children as well as the general public, is about one of our most important, most beautiful and singular areas: the Juan Bautista Pérez Rancier (Valle Nuevo) National Park. This section describes the park, its biodiversity and natural resources. It seeks to create awareness among students, educators and parents about the urgent need for its conservation, while at the same time promoting visits to this protected area.
- The section for educators and parents is elaborated for each grade level of elementary and middle school students (ages 6 to 13) in keeping with their official school curriculum. This includes, “Attitudes and Values” and “Criteria of Evaluation.”
- Interactive games by grade level.
- Juan Bautista Pérez Rancier National Park section: a document organized in a question and answer format with detailed technical information about Valle Nuevo Park.
- Hydrographic map of the Dominican Republic.
- Technical information.
- All sections designed with interactive flash animation.
- Menu is available in English and Spanish.
Valle Nuevo: Mother of the Waters
Original Title: Valle Nuevo: Madre de las Aguas
Country of Origin: Dominican Republic
Year of completion: 2007
Duration: 10.45 min / Interactive CD - 60 min
Director: Máximo José Rodríguez
Technical research: Ricky Briones, Fundación Moscoso Puello (FMP).
Text: Dagoberto Tejeda
Music: Chichí Peralta
Narration: Rodolfo Espinal
Executive Producers: Rosa Bonetti de Santana and Lisette Fernández Brugal
Director of Photography: Máximo José Rodríguez
Editor and montage: Pedro Justiniano
Flash Design: Grafismo Publicidad Visual (Osiris De León, Robert Romero, José Luis Cabral and William Báez).
Production: Memoria de Nación Foundation/ PropaGas Foundation
Special collaboration: Cornell University Ornithology Laboratory in New York which allowed the use of bird calls and songs of endemic birds of Valle Nuevo to be included in this Interactive CD.
The objective of Valle Nuevo: Mother of the Waters is to encourage respect for the environment and to reflect on important ecological issues facing the next generation, such as protecting the water sources.
Valle Nuevo National Park, rightly called the Mother of the Waters, is one of the most important eco-regions in the Dominican Republic because of the numerous environmental services it provides to the nation.
This Mother of the Watersis a star of water and life as it pours its vital liquid to the North, South, East and West of the country while also being a loving mother who shares her affection with all her children across this land of bountiful nature.
The Interactive CD, Valle Nuevo: Madre de las Aguas, which accompanies the documentary, is a valuable interactive educational tool that offers a series of options including:
September 6th, 2013
Biblioteca Infantil y Juvenil República Dominicana
Biography of Director Máximo José Rodríguez:
Dominican Máximo José Rodríguez is a renowned director, cinematographer and experienced publicity campaign director in his country. He has launched vital local and international publicity campaigns. He is founding director of the Dominican Republic's Memoria de Nación Foundation.
He has been honored with innumerable awards in his career, including, among others, Honorable Mention in Cannes Festival as cinematographer of Guagasi; Honorable Mention in short film category in the Paris Biennal for Lumiantena, and Honorable Mention in the first Video Clip St Tropez Festival in France for the short film Las pausas del silencio. He has also received numerous national awards and won several photography contests.
His many documentaries include Santo Domingo: Una Ciudad de Encantos; Ingenio Diego Caballero; Los Toros Ofrenda del Cristo de Bayaguana; Los Látigos del Sol; El San Antonio Negro de los Guillén; Descubre La Vega: Orgullo de mi tierra, and most recently, Cordillera Central Dominicana: Oásis del Caribe.
- A Thirsty World
- Dr. Seuss' The Lorax
- Keep on Rolling: The Dream of the Automobile
- Minds in the Water
- Money and Life – A Story about Money That Will Change your Life
- Mother: Caring for 7 Billion
- Otter 501
- Pad Yatra: A Green Odyssey
- Planet Ocean
- Sacred Science
- Uranium Drive In
- Voices of Transition
- A Sea Turtle Story
- Hanging Around
- The Tsunami and the Cherry Blossom
- The Windmill Farmer
- What Would Darwin Think?
Man vs. Nature in the Galapagos
This year’s 5 themes - oceans, biodiversity, green economy, sustainable agriculture and climate change,
will be covered in a selection of 30 films: