Santo Domingo, the capital and largest city of the Dominican Republic, covers an area of approximately 1,401 square kilometers and currently has a population of 2,193,046. Santo Domingo was the first settlement established in the New World and is considered the cradle of evangelization in the Americas. Having served as the set for internationally renowned, big budget films such as The Godfather II, Havana andLaFiesta del Chivo(The Feast of the Goat), among others, consolidated Santo Domingo’s relationship with the Seventh Art.
- Academia de Ciencias de la República Dominicana Calle las Damas No. 112, esquina El Conde, Ciudad Colonial
- Colegio Loyola Av. Abraham Lincoln No. 1, Centro de los Héroes (La Feria)
- Universidad Iberoamericana (UNIBE) Av. Francia No. 129, Gazcue
- Liceo Francés de Santo Domingo Calle Rafael Damirón Esq. Jimenez Moya, Centro de los Heroes
- Alianza Francesa de Santo Domingo (AFSD) Horacio Vicioso # 103. Centro de los Héroes
- Instituto Técnico Superior Comunitario (ITSC) Carretera Mella KM. 14 Esquina. Francisco Del Rosario Sánchez, San Luis Distrito Municipal, Santo Domingo Este
- Saint George School Calle Porfirio Herrera #6, Ensanche Piantini
- Universidad Nacional Pedro Henríquez Ureña (UNPHU) Av. John F. Kennedy Km 7 1/2 Apartado Postal 1423 Sala Max Henríquez Ureña, Edificio 4, primer piso. El edificio 4 queda al lado del edificio 3, que es de forma cilíndrica, casi en el centro del campus.
- Embajada de Francia en la República Dominicana Calle Las Damas No. 42 - Zona Colonial
- Instituto Tecnológico de Santo Domingo (INTEC) Avenida de Los Próceres #49, Los Jardines del Norte Auditorio del Edificio de la Concha, 1er piso
- Palacio del Cine - Agora Avenida Abraham Lincoln esquina Avenida John F. Kennedy
- Biblioteca Infantil y Juvenil Republica Dominicana Ave. Dr. Delgado esq. Ave. Francia, 84988
- FUNGLODE Calle Capitán Eugenio de Marchena #26, La Esperilla
- Centro Cultural Narciso Gonzalez C/Américo Lugo, Esq, Marcos Adón, Villa Juana, D.N.
- The Colonial Gate 4D Cinema Calle Padre Billini esq. Isabel la Catolica no. 52, 10103
- Universidad APEC Av. Máximo Gómez #72 Salón de Videoconferencias, Edificio 1, 1er piso
- Pontificia Universidad Católica Madre y Maestra (PUCMM) Campus Santo Tomás de Aquino Abraham Lincoln esq. Rómulo Betancourt Auditorio principal, segundo piso, Edificio A
- Colegio Bilingue New Horizons Ave. Sarasota 51, Bella Vista
- Instituto Tecnológico de Las Américas (ITLA) Avenida Las Américas
- St. Michael's School Héctor Inchaustegui #8, Piantini
- Museo Nacional de Historia Natural Avenida Máximo Gómez esquina César Nicolás Penson, Plaza de la Cultura Juan Pablo Duarte
- Ministerio de Medio Ambiente y Recursos Naturales Avenida Cayetano Germosén esq. Avenida Gregorio Luperón Ensanche El Pedregal, Código Postal 11107
- Caribbean Cinemas Acrópolis Center Avenida Winston Churchill, Torre Acrópolis
Santiago de los Caballeros
Santiago tiene una superficie de 2,389 kilómetros y, aparte de ser la segunda ciudad del país, también es la ciudad más importante de la provincia del mismo nombre. Sus rones y licores han adquirido fama internacional, contribuyendo al desarrollo económico de la ciudad, y sus terrenos son utilizados principalmente para la agricultura y la agroindustria. Santiago es bien conocida por sus zonas francas industriales y sus arraigadas tradiciones culturales, que se expresan en un rico y variado folklore.
- Centro León Av. 27 de Febrero No. 146 Villa Progreso
- Colegio Bilingue New Horizons C/ Prof. Manuel García García No. 3, Urb. Los Jardines Metropolitanos
- Colegio Dominicano Santiago Carretera Santiago-Licey Km. 4 1/2, Urbanización Los Laureles
- Palacio del Cine- Bella Terra, Santiago Av. Juan Pablo Duarte casi Esq. Estrella Sadhalá. Plaza Bella Terra Mall
- Instituto Iberia Calle José Giménez Miralles #12, Llanos de Gurabo
Baní, the capital of Peravia province, is one of the new additions to the roster of venues for the DR Environmental Film Festival. The city, with nearly 62,000 residents who live on its 743.79 square kilometers, is only about an hour’s drive west of Santo Domingo along the Southern coast of the Dominican Republic. Baní is a tightly-knit agricultural community known for its production of bananas, coffee and mangoes, which are celebrated every June at Baní’s annual mango festival, attracting visitors from all over the country.
- Centro Cultural Perelló Carretera Sánchez Km. 2.5 Escondido, Baní, Provincia Peravia
Puerto Plata, the largest city on the northern seaboard, covers an area of 509 square kilometers and has a population of 286,558. Playa Dorada and Costa Dorada beaches make tourism one of the staples of its economy, but agribusiness is also important to the city. The port around which Puerto Plata was built is one of the most active in the Caribbean and has a major impact on both the provincial and national economy.
- Centro de Convenciones de Sosúa Local 3, El Batey 3
- UTESA Ave. Manolo Tavárez Justo, San Felipe de Puerto Plata, entrada de la ciudad
- Iván García Teatro Escuela Calla Profesor Juan Bosch # 72
San Juan de la Maguana
San Juan de la Maguana, is the main municipality of San Juan province, on the western side of the country. With a population of 241,100 on 876.21 square kilometers of land, San Juan is renowned for its fertile soil and moderate climate, suitable for cultivation of cereals and legumes such as beans and rice which are the main ingredients in the Dominican diet. In the DREFF’s three year history, this is the first time the Festival will take place in San Juan, a city distinguished by its colonial history.
- Centro Cultural Monina Cámpora Duarte, entre av. Independencia y Trinitaria
Concepción de La Vega is the capital of La Vega province, located in the center of the Dominican Republic. This city is famous for attracting thousands of international tourists, as well as local visitors, to the fabulous celebration of one of the most important national cultural events in the country – the Dominican Carnival. The Carnival features the best and most attractive colored masks as well as musical performances by renowned artists.
- Casa de la Cultura de Constanza C/ Sanchez 19, segundo nivel
- UNPHU - La Vega Ave. García Godoy No.71, Recinto UNPHU
A narrow peninsula in the northeastern corner of the Dominican Republic, Samaná is one of the least developed and most serene areas of the country. Its white sand beaches, many of them remote and secluded, rank with some of the D.R.’s finest. The province of Samaná, with a population of over 140,000 and covering over 853 square kilometers, is in known for its agriculture, fishing and for being one of the country’s most popular tourism destinations. Places such as the Bay of Samaná, are of great importance as they play host to the largest concentration of North Atlantic humpback whales each year between the months of January and March.
- Hotel Villa Serena, Las Galeras Las Galeras
Bavaro is a section of the municipal district of Verón, dependent on Higüey in Altagracia province of the Dominican Republic. Originally designed as a bedroom community for workers at the Punta Cana resort, it has become a center for tourist services as a result of hotel expansion to the north of Punta Cana, around Bavaro Beach, making it an important Dominican tourist area. It was here that the XII Latin American Summit was held on November 15-16, 2002, and brought together the heads of state and governments from 21 Spanish and Portuguese speaking countries.
- Puntacana Village Calle Gri Gri, Punta Cana 23000, Dominican Republic
Bonao is the capital of Monseñor Nouel province in the Dominican Republic, located in the center of the country, northwest of Santo Domingo, the capital of the country. Its name comes from the Taino cacique who reigned over this land before the Spanish arrived on the island of Santo Domingo. One of the richest towns in the Dominican Republic, Bonao’s wealth comes from gold and nickel mining, which is a major source of employment for its people. Bonao is known for its fertile agriculture, and the Monsignor Nouel province enjoys an enviable climate where the influence of the trade winds brings moderate rainfall.
- Cinema Oasis C/. Los Santos No. 132, Moseñor Noel
Hermanas Mirabal (Salcedo)
(the former province of Salcedo) lies in the north-central part of the country. It borders the Espaillat province to the north and west, Duarte to the east, and La Vega to the south. The province’s capital is the city of Salcedo.
The province was created, under the name Salcedo, on March 3, 1952, and in November 2007 renamed Hermanas Mirabal in honor of the Ojo de Agua, Salcedo, natives Patria, Minerva, and María Teresa Mirabal, three sisters who were brutally assasinated on November 25, 1960, by officials from the Trujillo dictatorship.
Thanks to their bravery, the Mirabal sisters received international recognition, and today the International Day for the Elimination of Violence Against Women is held each year on November 25.
In the area of Conuco there is a museum commemorating the three sisters and created by surviving sister Bélgica ‘Dedé’ Mirabal, who took it upon herself to preserve the memory of the so-called Mariposas (Butterflies) through the Fundación Hermanas Mirabal, founded in 1994 in the house where the sisters lived out the final months of their lives.
- Liceo Científico Dr. Miguel Canela Lázaro Zona Franca Salcedo, Carretera Salcedo-Villa Tapia, Provincia Hermanas Mirabal
- Oficina Técnica Provincial de Salcedo Centro De Promoción Cultural Padre Felix Azcarate Plaza Tito Salcedo, Salcedo
La Romana, located in the southeast of the country, is the capital of the homonymous province and is considered to be the capital of the East. According to the 2010 census, the population of the city is 136,868 inhabitants.
La Romana is located an hour and a half west of Punta Cana and one hour and a half east of the capital, Santo Domingo. The nearest town is San Pedro de Macorís, half an hour away, and Juan Dolio, approximately forty minutes. La Romana is also very near to Bayahibe, a 25 minutes drive, which is the nearest point to visit the islands of Saona and Catalina. In La Romana you can find one of the most famous hotels with golf course in the world, Casa de Campo. La Romana has become one of the most popular tourist destinations in the country due to the beautiful beaches and the top notch infrastructures.
- Caribbean Cinemas Multiplaza La Romana